Science Curriculum Specialist Position
Science Curriculum Specialist (Durham, NC Office)
We are an education company seeking a full-time Science Curriculum Specialist. CASE Assessments provides benchmark assessments and a test item bank for school districts in Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. We are seeking a science specialist to develop state standards assessment products for delivery in print and online.
This science curriculum specialist position is a full-time position in our Durham, NC office. At this time, we will not be considering applicants unable to work in the Durham office.
- Bachelor’s degree in science and/or science education
- Mastery of science content knowledge relevant to teaching experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a certified middle grades or high school science teacher
- Strong command of the physical sciences, particularly chemistry
- Demonstrated aptitude for writing and reviewing summative assessment items for science content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
- In addition to professional knowledge, the candidate should have:
- The ability to work well in a group
- The ability to be a critical thinker who is able to give and receive constructive feedback on assessment products
- The ability to work under deadlines by prioritizing and organizing work effectively
- The ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment
- The ability to resolve and respond to client feedback
- The ability to adapt and utilize technology tools
- Preference may be given to a candidate with more teaching experience and/or with additional experience writing science items for use in print and online educational platforms.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with strong content knowledge of physical science content.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with additional experience using graphics software (e.g., Microsoft Paint and/or Adobe Illustrator).
- Preference may be given to a candidate with a Master’s Degree in science or education or with National Board Certification.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to DianneStephenson@te21.com with the subject line: Science Curriculum Specialist. Interviews will be scheduled beginning April 12.